Sunday, October 29, 2006

the truth about our futures.


I've often neglected telling my plans of our hopes for a certain future in efforts to keep people happy. In covering the truth about what we really would love to do whole-heartedly, I have simply diminished the plans at hand. I've even made myself somewhat miserable in the process. Our plans are by no means glorious or prestigious; they are simply, what we feel we were made to do. To anyone that has witnessed my pursuits down other paths, you have found me less than satisfactory. It is for the simple reason, that NOTHING in my inner-being can justify the attempts to succeed at anything other than bringing a lost people to Christ. I hope that has remained evident to those close to me despite my following this life's distractions.

God has never spoken to me audibly, but he has never ceased to make clear what He has for me to do. It is in the person He knitted together within the infinity of His mind before the foundations of the world. He has put in me certain talents and desires that guide me in the direction I am to go! He has arranged family and friendships to mold me into the person I am to become. He sends trials to shape my character more "set apart" for a new day. By His Word and by the blueprints of Creation, He speaks to me. He says Go.

So, here is the "gameplan" everyone has been asking of us. It is not appealing to most of you, and as I am human, there might be changes. Beth and I must abandon the parts of our lives that do not adhere to these goals, and resurrect the faith to believe we can achieve these objectives. It is because of your constant concern for direction in our lives that I disclose this to you, and am confident that you will only assist us in achieving these goals from now on.

-------------------------------------

We would like to serve on the Missions Field as a Missionary Pilot and Nurse.

Pat is going to attain His Pilots License and all appropriate ratings.
Pat is going to train by way of Apprentice for an Airframe and Powerplant License.

Pat would also like to master the following areas for ministry, provision, or survival:
Car mechanics, Carpentry, Guitar, Construction,
Pat would like to finish school too, Biblical Studies.

Beth is going to obtain a Bachelors degree at SDSU via the Nursing Program.
Beth is going to be a mom and wife forever. (that is enough :P )

-------------------------------------

The start of the "gameplan" has already been initiated and is in practice. I have nearly obtained my private pilots license and Beth is currently taking the necessary classes for her Nursing Degree. Please take us seriously in encouraging us by helping us in these areas. Keep us accountable in running toward these goals. Use us as a resource if you need any help in the areas listed above - we understand we are insufficient in the listed items, and its experience that will make us proficient.

No comments: