Saturday, October 21, 2006

Officiating weddings?!



the lack of "Holiness" Disclaimer:
About 6 months ago.. I was asked by a good friend to offciate his wedding. At first I was a little unsure about it. "This is a job for somebody that has been through seminary, not me" ... He told me to think about it... They were to be married in Twain Harte, California. This is a little town just north of Yosemite National Park, yet still caught up in it beauty. They didn't know a pastor in the area and they weren't settled into a church. While thinking about it, if figured better me than somebody at a courthouse somewhere, at least I'd put some prayer and effort into it :P

What a blessing, and moreover what a blast! This turned out to be a beautiful little town, and an even more beautiful occassion! With much thought as to what I would include in the ceremony, I began in a sense renewing my own vows with Beth - it was a true reminder in my study that my love is practiced in the littlest of things! When the big day came and I had practiced the "I Do's" with Beth about 75 times.. I performed the ceremony... They are a great couple from great families... Everything went great !!

See a Wedding Clip! or see the message and vows!

About the Wedding :)

No comments: