Friday, December 22, 2006

when your kid has the flu. [its trickier than dodgeball]

(this one is kinda gross)--------------------------------------
AnnaBelle came down with something good this week. She slept for two days straight inbetween throwing up on all of us. We'd asked her if she was feeling well, and she responded "yeah", than out of the blue "blaaaaaaaaaah", it was all over us. The first sneak attack came late one night when I heard her crying. In the goodness of my heart I went to rescue her, and I embraced her only to find myself covered in her last meal. The most memorable attack came in a Starbucks with Friends, Beth saw it coming and put out her hands only to be holding soup and beans for the next two and half minutes while I retrieved rags. I was sooo bummed I didn't think to take a picture with my camera phone! The helpful baristas at Starbucks didn't even bring a mop... and we'll make sure we get free coffee out of there willingness to watch us. Yep. This flu was a nasty one. She covered Beth, Grandma, and I probably about two times each, She continued to be sick every thirty minutes that first night. She slept most of the next day...and the next, only waking up to throw up. Its day 5 now and she is throwing up once a day... She passed it along to grandma for a day, bethany a day, aunt laura(current), aunt jen and uncle adam... Its an epidemic - one nasty bug. [I'm terrified]

No comments: