Sunday, December 24, 2006

Free lunch for 25 and Tobasco in my Lemonade

I won a free lunch for up to 25 people at Chipotle recently. I always throw my card in their fish bowl for the raffle, and I have been fortunate to win twice within a couple months. I had invited all my friends when our intial angel tree group decided not to show. During my meal, my wife called me(she was sick at home) and I left the table to talk. When I came back I found that someone had been up to trouble! I took a sip of my lemonade, immediately finding that this wasn't my drink... oops, did I drink from pats cup by mistake?! but wait! what is that burning?! It taste like Tamarindo, but they don't serve that here! It sure isn't Dr. Pepper... and why Is it burning?!?! I looked up to see Chris Guess Crying in laughter and caught him literally red-hand by the stains of tobasco sauce! Well this was especially funny for everyone at the table, and I admit I was laughing too... Of course, the fun never ends there, and I wasn't going to be the last person to be messed with... so deeper into the meal... I did a couple switch-a-roos. Pat Jabbour looked away for a moment and I swapped him drinks. Immediately he takes a drink, ponders the sensation and swallows glaring over at me! HILARIOUS... I was crying! Two down (me included) and now it was Jen Jabbours turn... A stranger had her attention focused on her car, she had low air in a tire.. we made a quiet exchange in front of her and she must of been in a moment of deep thought because she subconsciously picked up the tobasco filled cup, shook it around a little and took a big drink! Immediately she spit it into my empty plate and repeatedly assaulted my left arm. sure, I deserved it, but it was definitely a moment that mastercard couldn't buy! Its nice to have good friends with a good sense of humor :) In turn we all had a good time and a Free Lunch, just a little hotter than usual. Tiffers, Julie, Ken, Jen S, Chris, Mihaela, Pat, Jen J, and Noah... thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We only love you for the free lunch! Thanks :)